4 days (1 day locally and 3 days overseas.)
Please contact us for more upcoming dates. Custom courses can be arranged for your organisation if you have a minimum number.
Cost of travel and accommodation (Estimated at S$250) are not included in the course fee and are borne by the participant
Who Should Attend:
Directors, camera operators, DOPs, and producers.
Underwater Imaging Diver, medical clearance.
All participants must have their own underwater video equipment. Diving equipment and lighting rigs will be provided.
Just as with different terrains and climatic conditions on land, film-makers will be exposed to varying conditions while shooting underwater. Through an understanding and guided exposure to some of these environments, the film-maker can then adapt competently, with the skills and right equipment, and incorporate these elements to enrich his story.
In this course, participants will learn:
• Understand different marine environments for filming
• Filming in shallow water
◦ Crossing the boundary between land and sea
◦ Benign conditions
• Filming in deep water
◦ Objectives for filming in deep water
◦ Lighting effect in deep water
• Filming at night
◦ Negative space for filming
◦ A different look at existing sites
• Planning and mapping out your underwater working space
• Specialised equipment for different environments
• Proper weighting with more filming equipment
• Hazards from the environment
• Logistics for filming in marine environment
• Content generation with awareness of current issues with the ocean, eg marine resource management, shark extinction and coral bleaching.
• Practice at sea
Edmund has over a decade of experience as an image creator and 15 years’ of scuba diving experience as an instructor, currently holding the rank of IDC Staff Instructor.