5 Days (2 days locally and 3 days overseas.)
Please contact us for more upcoming dates. Custom courses can be arranged for your organisation if you have a minimum number.
Cost of travel and accommodation (Estimated at S$250) are not included in the course fee and are borne by the participant
Who Should Attend:
Directors, camera operators, DOPs, and producers.
70% of the Earth is covered with water and there are far more unexplored realms below than on land. Filming underwater has vast potential for story and production value . Be it in the ocean or in the pool, it adds another dimension to cinematic production.
In order to shoot underwater, the participant must know his filming and underwater equipment well and know how to manoeuvre properly with this equipment . Proper training to overcome the challenges of an underwater shot can provide truly rewarding returns.
The objective of this course is to train participants to film underwater, both in the pool and in the open water environment.
Topics covered include,
• The objectives of filming underwater
• The look and feel of the moving image underwater
• Sight, sound and temperature, how these factors affect camera work
• Proper weighting for the cameraman
• Equipment requirements for filming underwater
• Accessories for camera
• Ethics of filming in the sea
• Practice in the pool and sea
• Underwater Videographer certification
Edmund has over a decade of experience as an image creator and 15 years’ of scuba diving experience as an instructor, currently holding the rank of IDC Staff Instructor.