This page is to help consolidate news about relief measures that are relevant to the Singapore media industry . It is made up of information from third parties and various Facebook groups . Please contact the parties directly for questions.
Membership in Singapore Association of Motion Picture Professionals (SAMPP) is currently free so we encourage you to join them so that you have a voice to the various government agencies dealing with the media industry . They alo keep the industry updated about relief and other measures to help media practitioners.
Here are some useful resources
- Singapore Association of Motion Picture Professionals (SAMPP) COVID-19 Page
- SG COVID-19 Creative/Cultural Professionals & Freelancers Support Group
- NTUC Covid-19 Care Fund
- NTUC SIRS scheme
- Singapore Tourism Board SG Stories Content Fund
Resumption of Media activities post June 2nd 2020
Singapore Tourism Board SG Stories Content Fund
NTUC SIRS Scheme
SELF-EMPLOYED PERSON INCOME RELIEF SCHEME (SIRS)
SIRS helps Singaporean self-employed persons (SEPs) with less means and family support tide over this period of extraordinary economic uncertainty. Eligible SEPs will receive three quarterly cash payouts of $3,000 each in end-May, July, and October 2020. Those who auto-qualify will receive notifications by letter/SMS from CPF Board around end May. NTUC will be assisting the Ministry of Manpower to manage applications and appeals of those who do not auto-qualify. Details will be announced soon.
Cash Relief for NTUC members (Existing and New)
Updates from SAMPP (Singapore Assoication of Motion Picture Professionals
As you are aware from our last email letter to you, SAMPP membership fees for 2020 has been waived
- Members who have on-going paid subscriptions registered before 1 April 2020, will receive a one-time cash grant equivalent of your last paid membership amount.
- New members may join SAMPP for free until 31 December 2020.
- Existing members will have an additional year added to their current memberships.
A dedicated landing webpage containing available fundings and FAQ relevant to the media industry has been set up.
SAMPP has set up a fund offering small grants between $300-500 to eligible new and existing members in need.
1. It was announced on 3 April 2020 that heightened safe distancing measures will be implemented from 7 April 2020 to 4 May 2020 (inclusive) in view of the current COVID-19 situation. This includes the closure of workplaces. Only essential services may remain open.
2. The Infocomm Media Development Authority - IMDA understands that production work such as shoots would have to be put on hold or postponed during this period.
3. The exception to the above is for a very small number of companies involved in critical public service content for COVID-19. If your company is involved with such content, kindly refer to your commissioner to confirm this status.
4. For more information, please visit http://www.gov.sg/article/covid-19-updates-and-announcements
SAMPP SURVEY ON MEDIA PRACTITIONERS RE: WORK STATUS
With this survey and your responses, we can better advise the government agencies and ministries on better eligibility criteria for the various govt relief schemes, and on the need for urgent extensive and targeted boosts for the film + TV media sector.
For any assistance, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we will try our best to help in any way we can.
( our thanks to the other associations also for their work : Screenwriters Association (Singapore), AIPRO, Singapore Society of Cinematographers, HACOS Hair & Cosmetology Association Singapore, The Actors' Society' and and everyone in the SG COVID-19 Creative/Cultural Professionals & Freelancers Support Group and many others ! )
Please take note - IMDA has said they will issue further clarifications soon, but here is their current advisory ( to download pdf )