Advanced IP Networks for Engineers
This 2 day course builds on the content covered in the IP Network Essentials for Engineers course giving more detail on the protocols involved in streaming video across IP networks.
Delegates will build practical networks hands-on to deliver unicast video streams across routed and switched networks. The resilience of the network to deliver video streams at layer 2 (spanning tree / rapid spanning tree) will be compared and contrasted practically with the failover of routing protocols at layer 3 (OSPF routing protocol). Layer 3 switches will be used for interconnecting networks and typical commands required for these exercises will be covered on the course.
Layer 3 switches will be used for interconnecting networks and typical commands required for these exercises will be covered on the course. Delivery of unicast video will be via RTSP/RTP/UDP and also ‘over the top’ TV using HTTP/TCP. The Wireshark protocol analyser will be used to decode these protocols for a deeper understanding of how they work and also for troubleshooting purposes.
The ability of TCP and UDP to deal with packet loss and delay will also be considered theoretically and tested practically using the networks built during the course and open source video software for delivery of the unicast streams. This is a ‘hands on’ course designed to give the delegate confidence in working practically with streaming video over IP networks.
Please note, Delegates should have attended the ‘Network Essentials for Engineers’ course or have the equivalent knowledge and experience.
2 days (14 training hours)
June 17-18 2018
S$ 2490 per person (S$2664.30)
IABM Member organisations can qualify for discounts. Please contact the IABM to find out more
Who should attend
- Broadcast and media engineers, technical operators or technicians who need a deeper understanding of streaming video over IP networks
- Apprentices or recent technology graduates and other new starters who need to understand the essentials of IT networks
- Established technical staff who need to increase their confidence and competence in IT networks
- Project or product managers, system integrators or designers who need a better understanding of the fundamentals of packet-switched networks
- Managers of engineering or technical support departments who need to improve their understanding of the underlying principles, jargon and concepts of networking
What We Cover
- Module 1 Network protocols used in broadcast networks
- Module 2 Switch, port and VLAN configuration
- Module 3 IP routing, inter VLAN routing and resilience at layer 2 and layer 3
- Module 4 Network diagnostics
- Module 5 Streaming and on-demand media delivery