V-Ray for Maya
for Maya is one of the latest developments by Chaos Group. Developed
to meet the needs of the most demanding VFX & Film studios around
the world, the rendering engine delivers uncompromised stability,
interactivity, ease of use and unprecedented speed.
Now, V-Ray for Maya enables the rendering of even larger scenes with greater complexity and artists can rely on a faster rendering process.
The comprehensive list of features provided by V-Ray for Maya includes CarPaint Material, V-Ray Light Select Render Element, PText texture, true 3D Motion Blur, Sun & Sky procedural lighting system, Physical camera for matching live footage, and many others.
V-Ray for Maya became a renderer of choice of numerous renowned studios such as Method Studio, Zoic Studio, Lux VFX, The LAB NYC and many others. For less than two years since its official release V-Ray has been used as a major rendering tool in the latest award winning films and productions.
V-Ray 2.0 for Maya Key Features
are some of the key features of the new V-Ray 2.0 for Maya. To enjoy
the full list of improvements and videos, please click here.
- create stunning car paint shaders complete with base, flake and
- with V-Ray 2.0 you can stop worrying about UV coordinates and use
VRayLightSelect Render Element - extract the contribution of each light to the scene and compose all the lights back together and change their intensity in real time in any compositing software.
Pricing & Upgrade Policy
Chaos Group products are licensed per machine and with one V-Ray for Maya license you can start and use V-Ray GUI and tools inside Maya platform, start one local render job, speed up rendering with up to 10 render slaves for Distributed rendering using V-Ray Standalone, speed up rendering with up to 10 render nodes using Maya batch. Also you can do everything that 10 Standalone licenses allow you.
→ Educational Policy
Group Educational Policy is designed to meet the various educational
needs of both the institutions and students at a preferable price. An
educational institution, or a student/staff member at the
institution, may use our Educational licenses for educational
purposes only and not for commercial for-profit work, transfer, or
The new version is also available for purchase from any authorized Chaos Group reseller. All current customers with the educational version of V-Ray 1.5 for Maya are entitled to a free upgrade to V-Ray 2.0 starting May 4th, 2011.
Student/Teacher Educational license
A "Student/Teacher“ is a person who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license. Students and staff may purchase up to 1 (one) license from the options below:
1. V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max EDU
2. V-Ray 2.0 for Maya EDU
3. Student Bundle V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max EDU + V-Ray 2.0 for Maya EDU-
Universities/Educational Institutions licenses
"Universities/Educational institutions" are defined as those dedicated to education, including a public or private, school or a two-year or four-year college or university or career school that is accredited by a state or other appropriate governmental agency or organization. An educational institution is not a government or nonprofit agency, a commercial customer, a corporate training environment, or other training program or center that serves commercial or professional customers. Universities/Educational institutions must purchase software with documentation issued by the institution. The following Bundles are available to Educational institutions under our Educational Policy (the minimum amount per order is 2 university bundles):
1. University Bundle V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max EDU + Pdplayer
2. University Bundle V-Ray 2.0 for Maya EDU + Pdplayer
3. University Bundle V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max EDU + V-Ray 2.0 for Maya EDU + Pdplayer
• A SSE2- capable processor (Intel Pentium IV or later);
• 2 GB RAM minimum;
• A supported operating system:
• Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit versions;
• Microsoft® Windows Vista® Business (SP1 or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit versions;
• Microsoft® Windows 7® 32-bit or 64-bit;
• Fedora™ or compatible distributions;
• Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 5.3 WS (64-bit);
• Apple® Mac OS® X 10.4.9 or higher for CPU rendering;
Note: MAC versions of V-Ray 2.0 for Maya 2008, 2009 and 2010 doesn't support GPU rendering
• Apple® Mac OS® X 10.6.5 or higher for CPU and GPU rendering;
• Maya 2008 (32- or 64-bit);
• Maya 2009 (32- or 64-bit);
• Maya 2010 (32- or 64-bit);
• Maya 2011 (32- or 64-bit);
• Maya 2012 (32- or 64-bit);
More information can be found at Chaos Group
Contact us for a trial version